cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All about keyword type group tables

Duncan_Hsu
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I try to understand how the keyword type group is implemented in the database so that I can automate query creation.

The questions I am seeking answer to are the following:

1.  How do I know which 'keyword type group' is used for a 'document type'? Which table is used to track that info and how that table is structured?

2.  How do I know which 'keyword type' is part of a 'keyword type group'? Again, which table is used to track that and how that table is structured?

3.  What column in the table, which shall be answered in question 2 above, is used to link to the keysettablenum field in hsi.keywordset table?

* By looking up all these info in the configuration, I can write the query manually. However, that is too much to write and prone to errors.

Thanks.

Duncan

5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

Duncan,

Keyword Groups are maintained in a keygroupdataXYZ or keyrecorddataXYZ table depending on whether or not they are Multi-Instance. The structure of these tables contain the itemnumber, and then the individual keywords as columns within them.

Look for me to follow-up with additional information in a separate email.

As far as future reference, Hyland Software does have a DataBase Reporting Guide that provides a majority of the commonly used tables and the relationships that is a great resource for building reports and custom queries.

-Aaron

Not applicable

Hi Duncan -

You can find what keyword type groups are associated with a doctype by looking in the doctypekeyset table.  That table contains the document type numner (itemtypenum), the keyword group type (iskeytypegroup), and the keyword type group number (keysettablenum) which can be joined back to keywordset.

The iskeytypegroup column will tell you whether the keyword type group is a Single instance (1), Multi-instance (2) or an AutoFill (0).

For the keywords associated with a particular keyword type group, look in keysetxkeytype, which contains the keyword type number (keytypenum), the keyword type group number (keysettablenum), and the sequence number (seqnum).  Again, keysettablenum can be joined back to keywordset.

Hope this helps.

Edwin_D_Souza
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
Hi

I am trying to find the MRG that will give me the tables that will give me detail information about the keyword values. for instance, if I have a doc type that has a training session from 10/1 - 10/3 to "self development" which table do I need to query to get the keyword information from the doc type?
Thanks

Edwin,

Could you post this as a new question on the forums? It would allow us to track the question and answer a lot better.

Also, there's a great deal of information about our database schema in the Database Reference Guide. It may be what you're looking for.

www.onbase.com/.../10527

Thanks for using Community!
Brad Phillips