cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AD Enhanced vs. AD Standard for OnBase 16

Elizabeth_Prech
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

What is the difference between the AD Standard and AD Enhanced configurations for OnBase. I've been weeding through the SysAdmin1600.pdf MRG and through Integration for Microsoft Active Directory Federated Services (AD FS) White Paper for OnBase 14 and higher and can't seem to find a comprehensive difference in features and setup for both. Any help would be great.

1 REPLY 1

Nick_McElheny
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Elizabeth,

I've found that the Authentication1600.pdf MRG is the best resource for this.  Page 2 has information about AD - Enhanced and some of the differences between it and the Basic integration.  From my experience, a couple of the most notable features of the enhanced integration are:

1) OnBase user group names don't have to match AD names with AD-Enhanced.  This allows you to have your own naming standard within OnBase that might be different from the AD names.

2) Multiple AD groups can be mapped to a single OnBase user group.  You can also set up exclusions so that certain users don't get added to the OnBase group even though they might be in a mapped AD group.

Additionally, if you have a multi-domain environment there's information within the MRG about why AD-Enhanced is a better option.

I hope this helps.

Nick McElheny