cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AD Authetnication and SSL

Timothy_Shepler
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

If you are using the Active Directory Autthenitcation security, will it communicate with AD that is using SSL?  I have a customer that is thinking of switching over from OnBase local security to Active Directory, but they have AD setup to use SSL (communicating with Global Catalog SSL Port 3269, they run multiple domains within AD).

Will the AD authentication security support this type of communication?

10 REPLIES 10

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Tim,

Glad that it worked.  I can't say at this time whether the Active Directory method would work using SSL or not.  This is a test that our QA department was looking into setting up.  My recommendation would be to follow up with your first line of support for further investigation.

Take care.

Timothy_Shepler
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Thanks for your help/input, I'll talk with Tech support as my next step.

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

My pleasure. I would reference this post when reaching out to TS.

Take care.

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

As a follow up to this post, SSL will be supported for Active Directory authentication when using the Active Directory - Enhanced security method within OnBase 14.  The Use SSL When Available option is configurable per domain.

Take care.

Adam,

We are setting up AD-Enhanced. In the OnBase 16 Network Security MRG, page 28, it refers to the SSL setting - "Select Use SSL When Available to use HTTPS binding between the client and server. The server must be configured to support HTTPS bindings."

Is this statement referring to the OnBase Web Server or the AD server? Thanks!
Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.