Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Directory and Onbase UserName

Nick_Johnson
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hello,

I have a question regarding user names.  I would just like to know that if we incorporate Active Directory, will it change the user names to the Active Directory windows login names.  

Example would be:  My OnBase user name right now is Nick Johnson.  When merged with AD, will my OnBase user name change to njohnson, like my windows login name is?

Thanks,

Nick

6 REPLIES 6

Nick_Johnson
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Eric, 

Sounds good thanks for the info.

Nick

Verica_Mitrovic
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Nick,

Just to make sure you are aware you can map your OnBase user names to something other than UserID in Active Directory for exp. you can have DisplayName attribute if that is the field in AD where you have first and last name listed for the users. You would only need to have DisplayName attribute set in OnBase Network Security dialog besides the group mappings. When users log in for the first time they will be mapped to their existing OnBase accounts. The only thing you have to be aware is if you have users with same names you just have to be careful and check if they are mapped to the correct user in OnBase.

Please note in the screen shot below Active Directory Username Mapping Attribute section on Network Security dialog and instead of default sAMAccountName which corresponds to UserID you can have DisplayName or any other AD attribute that corresponds to user full name.

Hope this helps.

Take care,

Verica