Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Unity fiels in repeaters.

Fatih_Cem_Atali
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi All,

I have a unity form and it has a repeater. In this repeater i have 3 different fields like  code, quantity,  price.

I need to access all these value to calculate sum of quantity and price in unity api ?

What is the best way to retreive multiple values in repeaters ?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

Steven_Perry
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello Fatih,

Yes it is possible to access repeater fields using the Unity API.  The method would depend on if the fields are keyword or non keyword backed. 

Additionally, for the 12.0 release, Unity Forms are slated to have built in functionality for calculated fields.  With this, you would be able to create a calculation for quantity and price to have it output inside the repeater.

Thank you for your question,

Steven Perry

Quality Assurance

Hyland Software, Inc

Fatih_Cem_Atali
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi,

I guess it is possible. I just need to find object model or code sample. I could not find in SDK.

Other hand, i could not find a way to place keyword into repeater section. Unity designer doesn't allow it. I could only put textbox and other controls into repeater, not keywords.

Thanks.

Steven_Perry
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Stand alone keywords cannot be placed into repeaters by design.  In order to create keywords inside repeaters they must be a MIKG. 

Timothy_Cosgrif
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

In the latest version of the SDK, there is information about working with Unity Forms under Unity API > Programmer Guide > Working with E-Forms > Working with Unity Forms

The object model for Unity Forms exists in the Hyland.Unity.UnityForm Namespace section under the Reference section of the Unity API.

A UnityForm.Form object has a Repeaters property which contains all of the repeaters on the form. From there you can iterate through them all to get individual RepeaterItem objects. Once you have a RepeaterItem, you can pull off the Fields property to access the values of the RepeaterItem object. All of these object types are documented in the latest 11.0 SDK.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.