Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyland Mobile / OnBase Mobile for iPhone

Christopher_Wi3
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello,

We are currently using OnBase 18, with plans to upgrade to EP5 later this year.  We have not yet deployed any modules for the iPhone (or anything mobile), but there has been a request for it.

Given that we are already preparing for an OnBase version upgrade, I'm thinking about waiting until after we're on EP5 to configure a mobile solution.  I had previously looked at the MRGs and requirements for OnBase Mobile for iPhone (version 18), and the Mobile Broker was a requirement.  Looking at the latest documents and Community Live presentations, it sounds like Mobile Broker has been "ported" to EP5, but it will soon be deprecated, and replaced with Hyland Mobile. 

If I'm deploying the iPhone solution on EP5, I would need Hyland IDP and the API server, correct?  But I wouldn't need the Mobile Broker, right?  Just trying to make sense of this transition, and gather requirements.  If it makes a difference, I don't think we'll need a server in the DMZ, because our corporate phones have VPN capability, which should allow them to reach back into our network and talk to internal OnBase servers.  Perhaps that cuts down on some of the complexity.

But we currently don't use IDP or the API server, so I'm trying map out the best path to support iPhones once we're on EP5, for basic things like document searches and uploading of images from the field.

Thanks,

Chris 

2 REPLIES 2

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @Christopher Wilson 

I would need Hyland IDP and the API server, correct?  But I wouldn't need the Mobile Broker, right?

Correct, with the Mobile Access app you will need the Mobile Broker, but you would not need the Hyland IDP or API Server.  With the OnBase Mobile app you will need the Hyland IDP and API Server, but not the Mobile Broker.

Further, the Mobile Access will only be receiving bug fixes for OnBase Foundation EP5 and will no longer be available.  The major limitation with the OnBase Foundation version of the Mobile Broker is that it does not support the Identity Provider and therefore does not support federation authentication (SAML).  Users are limited to using standard OnBase authentication (username and password) or Directory Services Authentication (Active Directory and/or LDAP).

https://community.hyland.com/blog/posts/78507-onbase-mobile-and-mobile-broker-support-in-foundation-... 

Here is is a comparison of features if you are interested ...

https://community.hyland.com/blog/posts/82128-legacy-mobile-access-features-not-supported-in-the-onb... 

Best wishes.

Deshaun_Valenti
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello Christopher

If we answered your question, please press the "ACCEPT ANSWER" button under the helpful Suggest Answer. This will reassure other community members that they can rely on this solution in case they have the same situation.   Otherwise, let us know so we will continue to look into this issue/question.

Thanks!

-DeShaun 

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.