cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searchable PDF's

Angely_Lowe
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We are currently using v11 and I was wondering if there was a way to have searchable PDF's of document once they are scanned into OnBase. Do you have to have IDOL in order to have searchable PDF's?  Currently we have scan queues that auto OCR and the doc types are set for rendtion/revision with .txt as the searchable file.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

John-David_Corr
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello Angely,

Yes, if you already have the Batch OCR license and are creating text renditions you can simply create another OCR format to instead of output text documents you can set it to “PDF (Image with Searchable Text”. The OCR Format can be found at OnBase Configuration | Document | OCR format. The option is called "Output format" found in the lower right of the dialog. You will then go to the Document Type settings and assign this new OCR format to the document type.

Let me know if this doesnt work as needed or I can be of any more help.

Thank you,

J.D.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

John-David_Corr
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello Angely,

Yes, if you already have the Batch OCR license and are creating text renditions you can simply create another OCR format to instead of output text documents you can set it to “PDF (Image with Searchable Text”. The OCR Format can be found at OnBase Configuration | Document | OCR format. The option is called "Output format" found in the lower right of the dialog. You will then go to the Document Type settings and assign this new OCR format to the document type.

Let me know if this doesnt work as needed or I can be of any more help.

Thank you,

J.D.