cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCR: Unable to find file OcrServerLicenseOem_v20.lcxz / Unable to load EDIdEv.FrameworkEDI.NET4.x64.dll

Tomas_Vera
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

(Caution: Newbie here)
I'm trying to set up a Full Text Server to on our OnBase 18.06 installation.

I have installed the FTS service on a dedicated server and everything appears to have installed properly. The FTS server and the Application server are communicating as expected. However, nothing is getting indexed.

I have installed the Diagnostics service on the FTS server and have captured some errors, but I am not finding any information regarding the logged errors.

There are two messages that are repeated (likely once for each document I've tried to import).

The message are: 

Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Hyland\Services\Full-Text Server\OcrServerLicenseOem_v20.lcxz' is denied.

and

Could not load file or assembly 'EDIdEv.FrameworkEDI.NET4.x64.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.

The file OcrServerLicenseOem_v20.lcxz is not present on the server (which is why it can't be accessed). The file EDIdEv.FrameworkEDI.NET4.x64.dll is on the system.

Who installs the OCR license file?  How is that file placed on the FTS server file system?

(I am assuming that the EDIdEv.FrameworkEDI.NET4.x64.dll file is not loaded because the missing licensing file is preventing a  dependency from loading properly).

Is there something else that I am likely missing?

Thank you,

-tomas

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Tomas_Vera
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello,

In the end, we removed and re-installed the FTS application. After the second installation everything was working as expected. 

The only thing we changed was changing the Service startup username from a "DOMAIN\UserName" format to a "username@domain" format.

I don't know why this would make a difference. But, I may be forgetting other changes / things we tried.

Thank you,

-tomas

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

aboucher
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Hi @Tomas Vera,

I found a case in which another customer had the same 2 errors as you.  Here is the Description and Resolution:

Description

When installing the Full Text Server and putting the ODBC in the data source field of the installer Diagnostics Console shows "Missing or invalid ADO.NET connection". However the installer is changed to the ADO.NET data source name and match the same name in the ADO.NET connection string, the service starts up fine. When starting this way the following message is displayed in Diagnostics Console:

"Could not load file or assembly 'EDIdEv.FrameworkEDI.NET4.x64.dll' or one of its dependenies".

"Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Hyland\Services\Full-Text Server\OcrServerLicenseOem_v20.lcxz' is denied."

"Timeout while connecting to OCR worker '6192' for item '2-506:4120257,0,2,0'. Reached max attempts (2)."

"OCR worker may have dropped while working on WorkItem '2-506:4120257,0,2,0'."

Resolution

It was determined that the Account running the Full Text Server Service did not have Access Rights the Full-Text Server Folder. Once this was granted, Documents were able to be ingested as expected.

Also, here are some more details about the folder permissions:

Went to C:\Program Files\Hyland\Services\Full-Text Server folder properties and added OnBase Services account to permissions with read, write, and execute permissions. Went to C:\Program Files\Hyland\Services\OCR and did the same thing. Ran Full Text again, and it appeared to be processing correctly without the error in Diagnostics Console.

I hope this helps!

~Alan

Tomas_Vera
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello,

In the end, we removed and re-installed the FTS application. After the second installation everything was working as expected. 

The only thing we changed was changing the Service startup username from a "DOMAIN\UserName" format to a "username@domain" format.

I don't know why this would make a difference. But, I may be forgetting other changes / things we tried.

Thank you,

-tomas

Thank you for sharing your solution @Tomas Vera.

Cheers!

~Alan