cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No message to append to already-committed documents when keywords are not locked down

Melissa_Newman
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

In both Unity and Thick Client, while indexing a batch, if I do NOT lock down the fields for a specific person, I don’t get the option to Append to either already-committed documents or docs in the batch with the same doc type and doc date.  In order to get the Append message for already-committed docs, I must lock the keyword fields down.  This creates a problem for users who only have one document for a specific person.  In order to manually combine the two docs, they need to go to Edit Page and drag the docs together. I have verified that the Disable Append Page is NOT checked in Config | Scan Queues | Indexing.

2 REPLIES 2

Amanda_Luceen
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hi Melissa,

So I'm sure I understand what you are asking, are you using the Append button in the indexing panel or using the append to existing document based on keyword match functionality? What does the append message look like for you when it does work?

Thanks!

Amanda

Melissa_Newman
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for your reply.  I actually have a ticket open with Matt DeFaveri who connected to my machine today and took a look.  I think he's working on the issue. In the meantime, to answer your question...

I'm using the Index button in the indexing panel.  But from my understanding, when I click Index on a document that has a matching doc type and date as another (either in the same batch or previously-committed), I should get a message asking if I would like to Append to the already-indexed document.  I am only getting the message if I lock down the keyword fields.  Both Matt and I were confused when we saw this since why would locking down fields have anything to do with a matched document??  We verified that Append was enabled on the Indexing tab of the Scan Queue Process Options.   

Thanks!
Melissa