cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the "ICR Support for Advanced Capture" License needed when configuring a new template in Advanced Capture Configuration, specifically for Keyword Zones using Advanced recognition "Auto-detect OCR/ICR - default to ICR/Alphanumeric"?

Brent_Beckham1
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Good day, hope it is going well!

I am working on configuring a new template in Advanced Capture Configuration that is using Advanced recognition "Auto-detect OCR/ICR - default to ICR/Alphanumeric" for the Account Number and Date Keyword Zones. The results I receive are alright for the handwritten date and Account Numbers. In the end, I am trying to detect and capture at least part of these values to know there is a value written on the form, ensuring it was completed correctly.

The workstation I am working on is registered for Advanced Capture but not "ICR Support for Advanced Capture". 

The production processing machine is registered for the above ICR license, plus Advanced Capture and Ad Hoc Advanced Capture.

In order to ensure the OCR/ICR results I am receiving in configuration will be accurate once live, should I be configuring the template on the machine registered for "ICR Support for Advanced Capture"? Or, since it is Advanced Capture Configuration it is not necessary?

Thanks in advance!

Brent Beckham

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Hi Brent!

Starting with OnBase 16, access to Advanced Capture configuration only requires an active Advanced Capture license to be present in the OnBase environment. The same rule applies to configuring ICR. Only the Advanced Capture ICR license is required to be present in the OnBase environment to configure and test Advanced Capture with ICR fields. Only the workstations intended for runtime processing require the Advanced Capture licenses to be assigned to the workstations/servers. You should be able to test the ICR field configuration on the workstation that does NOT have the ICR license assigned.

If you are not seeing this behavior, please contact your FLOS.

Thanks,

Tommy Hearns

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi Brent!

Starting with OnBase 16, access to Advanced Capture configuration only requires an active Advanced Capture license to be present in the OnBase environment. The same rule applies to configuring ICR. Only the Advanced Capture ICR license is required to be present in the OnBase environment to configure and test Advanced Capture with ICR fields. Only the workstations intended for runtime processing require the Advanced Capture licenses to be assigned to the workstations/servers. You should be able to test the ICR field configuration on the workstation that does NOT have the ICR license assigned.

If you are not seeing this behavior, please contact your FLOS.

Thanks,

Tommy Hearns