cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to pull the specific Documents that matched with a specific Template?

Michael_Latchuk
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello Community,

I am working on templating our Inhouse documents for the Advance Capture Process. I see the same occasional error on the same document type and would like to be able to fully correct it. When I correct it for one document it doesn't consistently work on others. 

Normally when correcting templates, I will pull about 15 - 25 of the same indexed documents into the Advance Capture Configuration through the Admin option, then after corrections are made I can process the entire batch to better determine what needs to be adjusted. This works well when the Document Type is for a specific document. The issue I am running into, is that the templates I am now trying to correct are more of a "Generic" document listing, so pulling all the required documents to ensure a consistent result is rather cumbersome, as a majority of documents are not relevant for the template being corrected.

Is there a way we would be able to pull the indexed documents that were matched with a specific template? - I currently know of a way to do one at a time but that is rather time consuming and I am just looking for a more efficient way if possible.

Any assistance would be wonderful!

Thank you,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Hi Michael,

One possibility would be to go into Advanced Capture configuration, then 'Advanced Options' -> 'Analyze Form Definition Historical Matching' -> select a retrieval on the necessary document types/dates/keywords for the overall set of documents you want to look at, then once the report runs you will be presented with a tabbed window of the results.  On the 'Matched' tab, you will see the resulting document list broken down by which template(s) they were matched to, and from here you can bring any one of those documents into the configuration interface by double-clicking it.  Now this is a one-at-a-time operation, which may be a bit cumbersome - but if you can narrow down the interesting document(s) that you want to check by their auto-name, for example, then this interface may help you achieve what you're looking for.

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Michael,

One possibility would be to go into Advanced Capture configuration, then 'Advanced Options' -> 'Analyze Form Definition Historical Matching' -> select a retrieval on the necessary document types/dates/keywords for the overall set of documents you want to look at, then once the report runs you will be presented with a tabbed window of the results.  On the 'Matched' tab, you will see the resulting document list broken down by which template(s) they were matched to, and from here you can bring any one of those documents into the configuration interface by double-clicking it.  Now this is a one-at-a-time operation, which may be a bit cumbersome - but if you can narrow down the interesting document(s) that you want to check by their auto-name, for example, then this interface may help you achieve what you're looking for.

Hello Steve,

Awesome thank you very much for that!

That is actually exactly what I have been doing, was just hoping for that slight chance there was an easier way to pull more, but it has got me thinking!

Have a great week! 😄

Hi Michael!  I'm interested in this as well.  What are you thinking????

Hey Liz,

Currently I am just using what Steve had suggested for the most part.

First thing I do is Historical Matching for a certain time frame just depending on the overall volume of the document type in question. As I have some where I am able to gather a month at a time and others it's best to do day by day. 

Once the list of results is up on the screen, I will screenshot my batch numbers and paste that into OneNote as it has a built in OCR which can read the text off the pictures (Not perfect and sometimes useless, but overall I save time as it can write out most of the account numbers for me, more often than not) I then use Unity to view each document I need to ensure it is what I am actually looking for and I will also write down the date for the document so when I am ready to correct the document and need to utilize the Historical Matching information again to pull the specific document I can narrow it down to specific days to reduce overall loading times between each document.

I have a feeling there has to be something though to help with this so I am still searching and thinking of potential work arounds/solutions for this within my organization.

Hopefully this helps! 

Mike