Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete Commit

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hello,

I have a scan queue that is getting two document types from Subscription Server.  The e-mail is stored as one document type and the attchement (usually just one) stored as another document type.  The documents go through an Image manipulation of convert to TIFF (which I actually don't want for the e-mail) and then an auto-rotate. 

Then since they are fully indexed, move to be auto committed.  Once committed, the attachment is supposed to enter workflow.  The attachment document type is the only one assigned to workflow.

The Commit is failing, I think it's at the add to workflow step.

I only have 1 copy for the DG settings.  The first workflow action for the attachment was to change the document type, but I moved that to a timer.  Since only one of the documents in the batch were being added to workflow, I tested adding both to workflow.

I'm not getting any errors in Diag Console.  And am stumpped...  any ideas on why a commit would fail?

Cheers,
Seth

23 REPLIES 23

Are you using the OnBase Client to perform the commit?  If your Workflow is setup to be core-based, perhaps this client is failing to connect to the Application Server?

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Thanks Steve,

I am using the Thick Client, and had the same thought, bu I am able to open workflow (though it's pretty slow, so maybe I am hitting a timeout) with AppServer based (core) workflow queues...   So I think the client is able to hit the application server.

Any other thoughts on how to return some kind of error, or how to fix?

Cheers,
Seth

Does it commit successfully if you temporarily turn off the 'add to workflow' for these document type(s)?

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Yup...  sure enough.

I turned off add to workflow and they committed.   So narrows down the issue...   any idea on how to determine why it won't add to workflow?

Thanks,
Seth