cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete Commit

Mike_Duncan
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Is there a way to schedule a process to commit  batches that go into the Incomplete Commit Queue?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

My recommendation is to contact your first line of support for further investigration.  It is hard to say what the issue is at this point if it is not happening consistently.    Feel free to report back to this thread when you figure out the answer.

Take care.

View answer in original post

16 REPLIES 16

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the post! 

I'm not sure that this is a good idea.  The reason that the batches are going into the Incomplete Commit Queue is because the batches couldn't be commited through the normal process.  I think that it is worth further investigation to determine why they care not getting committed in the first place.

What is your import / commit process?

Thanks.

Not applicable

Mike, We had severe problems with batches ending up in the incomplete commit queue, which now seems to be resolved. Do any of the documents in these batches go to workflow upon commit?

Greg Peery

Oregon Health

Matt_Taylor3
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We're having issues with this as well, where suddenly our scanned batches will all go to the incomplete queue. We are able to temporarily resolve this by restarting the scheduled process service on our processing server. 

Marcus_Christi6
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Besides platter problems, the #1 reason I've seen for incomplete commit is what I can only describe as "confusion" with the Thick Client's workstation options.  It makes sense what's happening, but it's still annoying if your environment has higher than normal security.

What happens is, when you set the Config --> Global Client or Client --> Workstation Options to use Core workflow (which is the default), any and all Thick Client instances including services will use that setting to do work.  Well, the problem with Thick Client's Core workflow is that it really does like to time you out rather frequently.  If this has happened the service will fail to do its job if the document type is configured to go into workflow.  Additionally, there's no way to tell that it's what's happened from error logs.  Restarting the services or running the jobs manually after restarting a client then works because it gets a new session.

This has forced me to make sure that my processing server with all of the services remains locked at Classic workflow to ensure that I don't encounter this problem, at least until such a time as when I can figure out how to get the Thick Client not to time out of Core workflow.