cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Layout field entry Tab vs. Enter

Pam_Thomas
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

On the Import Layout form in the Import screen for ad hoc imports, you're required to type in the keyword/lookup field(s) and either hit Tab or click out of the field to initiate the AFKS lookup.  What would be a reason why the Enter key could not be used to initiate the lookup?  At first, I thought it might be due to the buttons along the bottom in that the Enter key would initiate the Import button and import the documents, but actually, you have to specifically click on either the Import or Cancel buttons to perform that function.   Is there a reason why the Enter key couldn't have the same functionality as the Tab key on this screen?  Or is there a way I'm not aware of to change that functionality and allow an Enter?  As trivial as it sounds, we have some of our users mainly using the keyboard keypad, and either a click or Tab is cumbersome for their process.  I've been asked by our customers to check if the Enter key can be activated to function just like Tab or a click option for this form area.  I'm probably just missing something obvious to that functionality.

57c70555d0ac4f3591399c5c850e9549

This was taken from the Unity Client MRG:

Indexing with AutoFill Keyword Sets
1. From the Import layout, enter the first Keyword Value. Press the Tab key on the keyboard or click outside of the Primary Keyword Type field. The remaining values  or the remaining Keyword Types in the AutoFill Keyword Set will populate in their respective fields. If you entered a Primary Keyword Value that has more than one
AutoFill Keyword Set associated with it, you are prompted to select which AutoFill Keyword Set to use. Continue to Step 2. Otherwise, skip to Step 6.

Thanks!

Pam

2 ACCEPTED ANSWERS

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Pam Thomas,

Under the Indexing tab in the Processing Options menu there is an Indexing Focus section.  You can try choosing the Tab to Next Field option under Main Enter Key.

You will find the following information on Main Enter Key and Numeric Enter Key in the Document Imaging - OnBase Foundation EP5 Module Reference Guide on page 268.

5276f0bad5a347d682bb3718e9ec38b6

I hope this helps!

~Alan

View answer in original post

Pam_Thomas
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @Alan Boucher ,

Thank you for this information!  I was able to change the setting for the indexing form fields in the Scan Queue using the Processing Options/Indexing tab option you mentioned, which is a nice step in that direction for sure.  This doesn't affect the Import screen keyword fields though.  Do you know if there is any other setting that I've missed to get the same results in the Import screen in the Unity client?

Thank you so much for your help!

Pam

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Pam Thomas,

Under the Indexing tab in the Processing Options menu there is an Indexing Focus section.  You can try choosing the Tab to Next Field option under Main Enter Key.

You will find the following information on Main Enter Key and Numeric Enter Key in the Document Imaging - OnBase Foundation EP5 Module Reference Guide on page 268.

5276f0bad5a347d682bb3718e9ec38b6

I hope this helps!

~Alan

Hi @Alan Boucher ,

Thank you for this information!  I was able to change the setting for the indexing form fields in the Scan Queue using the Processing Options/Indexing tab option you mentioned, which is a nice step in that direction for sure.  This doesn't affect the Import screen keyword fields though.  Do you know if there is any other setting that I've missed to get the same results in the Import screen in the Unity client? 

I was thinking I might just have to look into a keyboard key changer app for the person.

Pam

Pam_Thomas
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @Alan Boucher ,

Pam

Pam_Thomas
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Just as an update to this Community post, The information @Alan Boucher provided helped with regard to the Scan queues, but unfortunately didn't have an effect on the Import screen on the Unity client.  What I ended up doing was suggesting that the individuals using their Numeric keypad install MS PowerToys.  This little tool will allow you to easily reassign keys on your keyboard to work as needed.  Therefore, they can reassign a key not used often on the Numeric keypad to work as the Tab key.   This is how we solved the request.  

Thanks!

Pam