cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documents won't stop going to workflow

Michelle_Troxel
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

I had a document type set to go to a workflow and removed it under the Document Types tab on the main screen of the workflow. We don't want the documents going to that workflow now. If I do an Import of that document type, they DO NOT go to the workflow. If I do a batch scan, they still go to the workflow immediately after commit (not coming from another process). I've tried multiple scan queues and it happens for them all, so not a specific thing on the scan queue. Also, these documents are set to go to another workflow and that is working as expected for both Import and Batch Scanning.

I made a few other changes in other workflows for this document type in the ad hoc tasks and those are all working as expected (no longer go to the workflow they used to) so I don't think it is a refresh issue.

I reset the cache in Studio when I saved the change.

I recycled the Unity app pool on the webservers.

Usually it's the opposite where the document doesn't go to the workflow as desired 🙂

Any ideas what I might be missing?

We are 18.0.78.

thanks!!

Michelle

2 REPLIES 2

Jeffrey_Seaman
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

A few thoughts:

• Are they classic/legacy scan queues? If so, were any OnBase Thick Client services that may be processing the commits restarted to make sure they are picking up the changes?
  • If they are Capture Processor Designer scan queues, is it possible there is a Custom Processing step that is configured to add to the particular life cycle?
  • Try searching by reference for the document type in question in Studio and see if there is any workflow logic that may be adding them to the life cycle in question.

Michelle_Troxel
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

This finally resolved itself after we had server maintenance and reboots. I am still confused as to why recycling the app pool on the web servers didn't fix it. Usually this fixes any workflow issues I have. It seemed to want a complete IIS reset.