cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document was not added to workflow

Lynn_Fyhrlund
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Is there a way to be notified when a document is not added to workflow such as a scan queue is setup to initiate workflow but a document for some reason does not go in to workflow and in the workflow transactions a record is added with a log date and time with the message "Document was not added to workflow"?

Is there a way to determine why it was not added?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for the post.

This is not possible.  If a document is configured to enter workflow then it should enter workflow based on the respective trigger (ie in your case the Scan Queue is configured to initiate the document into workflow - possible based on commit).  In the case that it doesn't enter workflow an error has occurred which we may or may not have caught, but this would depend on a number of factors (ie Were you running Verbose?  Were you running Diagnostics Console?  Was there any error to reported or was there no error?).

If you find that this is occurring often, I would recommend working with your first line of support to further investigate the issue and determine the root cause of why the documents are not entering Workflow.

Take care.

Lynn_Fyhrlund
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Adam,

This only occurred once from what I see, but unfortunately it occurred on an important document that needed to be in workflow because of timing requirements. I was hoping that we could run a query against the databases or something that would point out documents that did not make it into workflow (I would hope this report would always be zero), this way if the error occurred again we would catch it. 

I did notice that our queues were setup to initiate workflow on index. I changed them to initiate workflow on commit.

I will instruct the users to do a manual process of checking what documents are in OnBase compared to what went through workflow. I was hoping to automate an alert for the end user.

Thank you

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for the follow up.

Since it has only occurred once I would like to chalk it up to a fluke, but I understand where you are coming from and without further investigation I can't say what caused it or why one particular document did not make it into Workflow.  While our database services might be able to write you a query/report listing documents which did not make it into Workflow, this would require mining the Workflow Transaction log and performing a comparison against all documents in the system configured for Workflow which would be an incredibly taxing query.  Who knows, there might be an easier way to do it, but that would require additional conversations.

If you wish to pursue the issue further you can always work with your first line of support.

Take care. 

Joe_Pineda
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hy Lynn:

did you try the basics like reviewing doc history to determine if the doc was re-indexed into a different doc type at some point? Also, see if there were any workflow events posted at all, like an error...