cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Committed Batch Query Search

Christopher_Ma8
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Unity v18 really enjoy the ability to not do committed batch searching in Unity. However, in thick client a user can go into committed and simply type the batch number in and click find, getting to committed batch quickly. In unity, you have to select date range, you have to un select max min range before you can enter just the one batch number. There do not seem to be any user configurable settings on how to alter this behavior at all making it take much more time to use the locating a single batch a quick process. Can a selection criteria be added then controlled by end users? Getting feedback it takes to long now to go search for a single batch.

3 REPLIES 3

Alexa_Muhs
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Without knowing anything about the configuration options in the background or any future SCRs:

I would suggest to your user to put a random old year in the first date, well before when you started using OnBase (or at least before the batch was created) and just put the same batch number for the batch high and low search, turning off the "use min" and "use max" checks.

I agree it's annoying it's 5 clicks instead of 1 (4 if they're willing to leave the "use max" and put their batch as the min), but I also understand why Hyland went this route. It would be nice to have the option to just enter a batch number without having to alter dates.

I tried that route of putting in an old date, but even so it always resets so they have to constantly change. Admittedly, "most" searches are within the default range.

that is definitely annoying. I would hope the default search date would be something we could set.