cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated Indexing /

Not applicable

Hi,

does automated indexing extract images from a PDF (in this case an application with photo) and store as a separate document?

Is ist possible to mark parts of a photo and store this part as a separate document?

Thanks for support

Sylvia

5 REPLIES 5

Unfortunately, no, the automated indexing module does not extract images out of PDFs and create separate documents out of them.  You could, however, sweep or otherwise import these PDFs into a scan queue, and using the virtual print driver + image processing queue operation 'convert to images' you could create image renditions of these documents, which could then be pulled apart into separate documents and annotated/marked up by users.

Not applicable

Hi Steve,

thank you for your answer.

Maybe yould support in another question, concerning licensing:

1. ICR Support for Full-Page OCR & Automated Index: Do I need a license for each user, who will be working with it? Or is it only one for the OnBase instance?

2. Ad-hoc Automated Indexing: Do I need a license for each user? The configurator states "per workstation" - seems pretty expensive....

Cheers

Sylvia

1. No, the ICR licence is an add-on and applies to the entire organization, so you'd only need one instance of this license.

2. It depends - if you have a batch automated index license registered somewhere in the system, then any user can submit document(s) for ad hoc automated index, although it won't be processed immediately on that user's workstation, it will be queued up for a licensed workstation (batch license) to process them [could be on a schedule, polled, or manually].  If you need a user to be able to immediately perform the ad hoc automated index on a document in real time on his/her workstation, then yes, that workstation would need an ad hoc license.

Not applicable

Hi Steve,

thanks for support so far, I have a further comment to your answers:

1. ok

2. please note that we will use Automated indexing and need a verification for 5 clerks: Do they need Ad-hoc-automated indexing to perform verification efficiently or can they verify results without using this component?

Thank you 🐵