cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnBase 13 functionality for Epic

Leah_Rice
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I have a customer that has asked the following questions.

We were informed that with the OnBase 13 upgrade there would be new functionality with the OnBase Epic integration and scanned signature deficiencies. In OnBase 10 we were only able to use this with the Inpatient batch scanning workflows and the enhancement would allow us to now use this with Epic Ambulatory integrated scanning workflows. I was wondering where this new functionality was documented as I don't see it specifically called out in the Epic integrations MRG? Can you please help us find where this is documented? We use the OnBase FOS integration with Epic for the Ambulatory scanning.

Any help would be appreciated. 

6 REPLIES 6

Kim_Coxe
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Leah,

I just talked with Epic on this. I was not aware of any changes in OnBase to make this function and am not sure an OnBase upgrade is necessary. While moving to OnBase 13 will have many advantages of the newer code, to support the ambulatory Signature Deficiencies for Epic, the customer should reach out to their Epic HIM technical support for their build steps. There are setting modifications within Epic to allow this additional location for Signature Deficiencies. If you would like to post which customer, I can have Epic proactively reach out to the customer's support rep to begin the process. If not, just have them contact Epic for enabling this functionality.

Thanks for posting to Community!

Kimberly Coxe

Leah_Rice
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Thanks! I see that you are as awesome as your lovely husband has said!! 

Leah_Rice
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Kim, 

The customer responded on this today. Can you offer some insight for me please? 

I do have additional questions. I was wondering why I thought this was OnBase and in the Hyland document "OnBase 13 Release Overview.pdf" I found the following table listing this as an OnBase 13 enhancement, not an Epic enhancement: This is listed on page 45 of  the MRG. 

Integration for Epic OnBase 13 includes the following enhancements to the
Integration for Epic module:
• Support for physicians to acknowledge documents.
• Support for a wait cursor when loading large documents.
• Support for read-only Unity Forms.
• Support for capturing the Document Description as a
Keyword Value when using Epic Front Office Scanning.
• Support for restricting a user’s ability to edit the
Document Description value when using Epic Front Office
Scanning.
• Support for standard image viewer features for E-Form
documents.
• Support for the Create E-Form on Entry to Lifecycle
setting in healthcare document correction configuration.

The functionality I am referencing is the first bullet point above, which to me sounds like it is something OnBase-related because it is listed in Hyland documentation. If Hyland is saying this is an Epic enhancement I would like more information from Hyland on how to ask Epic about this so they understand what I am talking about.

Thanks,
Leah 

Kim_Coxe
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Leah,

Thank you for the clarification this puts us on the same page. The physician acknowledgement is not a signature deficiency and was not around in OnBase 10. You are right it is totally new and will require an OnBase upgrade both on the client and the application server to use. The functionality is described fully in the OnBase 13 Integration for Epic MRG (not Signature Deficiencies MRG).

Some of the key pieces of the physician acknowledgement is the use of Document Imaging in the Client to request a document be stamped with a review acknowledgement. The use of the physician's inbox in Epic to launch the integrated viewer (not Signature Deficiencies for Epic) and the click of a button to initiate the drop of the physician's stamp on the document. This stamp can be burned into the document similarly to the signature deficiency through the use of a new processing switch.

I hope this helps find the information you are looking for.

Kimberly Coxe