cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic Noterouting - Rightfax Integration

Pam_Smith1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Is anyone using Rightfax for Noterouting out of Epic for Affiliates? If so who monitors the failed faxes? We currently are having our Epic HIM team monitor the failed faxes since our Rightfax application is locally installed. We need to pursue utilizing Rightfax through Citrix for monitoring these faxes out of Epic. Has anyone else done this?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Gabe_Keith1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello, Pam.

I am currently deploying a custom solution for my client in South Florida that is very similar to this.  First of all, I would like to point out that RIght Fax has native functionality to email senders if they are set up through Active Directory, when a fax fails.  That was one enhancement we used.

Hyland typically likes to set up "sweeps" to import faxes.  However, that would required indexing etc... Nobody wants to do that!  My client has the Right Fax integration.  It is a service that polls based on rules you develop.  We use the integration to map basic keywords like sending number, recipient number, etc... 

We use rules at this point based on sending user, not the fax numbers.  This works well for my client because they are just using it for one department for up to 50 users.  I have built a workflow that uses the confirmation xml Right Fax generates to update keyword on the actual fax content.  I do that by putting them in workflow and extracting values from the XML (which is more robust than what you can pull via the integration).

My client has to prove to certain vendors that faxes were sent successfully, so that is the major business requirement they will be using it for.

To implement your solution you are looking for, you could use similar workflows.  It is a significant project but very achievable.

Thanks!

Gabe Keith

OnBase Consultant

Keith Managed Services, INC.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Gabe_Keith1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello, Pam.

I am currently deploying a custom solution for my client in South Florida that is very similar to this.  First of all, I would like to point out that RIght Fax has native functionality to email senders if they are set up through Active Directory, when a fax fails.  That was one enhancement we used.

Hyland typically likes to set up "sweeps" to import faxes.  However, that would required indexing etc... Nobody wants to do that!  My client has the Right Fax integration.  It is a service that polls based on rules you develop.  We use the integration to map basic keywords like sending number, recipient number, etc... 

We use rules at this point based on sending user, not the fax numbers.  This works well for my client because they are just using it for one department for up to 50 users.  I have built a workflow that uses the confirmation xml Right Fax generates to update keyword on the actual fax content.  I do that by putting them in workflow and extracting values from the XML (which is more robust than what you can pull via the integration).

My client has to prove to certain vendors that faxes were sent successfully, so that is the major business requirement they will be using it for.

To implement your solution you are looking for, you could use similar workflows.  It is a significant project but very achievable.

Thanks!

Gabe Keith

OnBase Consultant

Keith Managed Services, INC.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.