cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cascading filtering of keywords with External dataset in unity form

Vineet_kumar
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I am working on a scenario, where I need to open a unity form with three dropdowns with cascading filtering. Below is the scenario:

1. I have three workview classes : Dept, Role and User.
  1. Each Dept will have multiple roles. Role will be mapped to a single dept.
  2. Each Role will have multiple users. Each user will be mapped to one role
  1. There is another class Ticket. Ticket will be assigned to user (relationship with User class). I need to select multiple tickets in a ticket filter, click on Tasks tab at the top (to execute a system task) and open a Unity form for selection of User for assigning tickets to that user
  2. In this particular unity form, I want to have three keywords with dropdowns filled using external dataset (using sql query) and also want to have a cascading filtering.
  3. So, all departments will be filled in Dept keyword dropdown.
  4. Now, when a department is selected, I want the roles to be filtered for the selected department. Similarly, When a role is selected, I want the users to be filtered based on the selected role
  5. I have gone through the mrgs and SDK and also community site and found that for this I need to select External keyword dataset configuration with Unity script option and also check “Send existing keyword values from unity forms”

Looking for some sample code or any reference to SDK to implement this functionality. 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Adam_Maxson
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Did you find anything on this? I'm looking to filter my position KW by department using external SQL scripts as well and I'm running into a bit of a roadblock.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.