Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use the following address / Sender Address not working

Manuel_Macías
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi.

Does anyone knows if it's possible to send notifications with a different sender (not the default sender address in distribution config) using the Send Notification Action through Workflow?

There's an option for this action: Use the following address 

072012fd65014a4f8d6d9d0046159507

But this option is not currently working, the notifications are still being sent with the default sender address.

Even the Studio 16 Help Files mentions:

b334d99368604402ac7a82846980ba15

I hope someone can help me with this issue. I really appreciate your help.

Manuel Macías

5 REPLIES 5

Larissa_Armand
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Have you looked at the following, also from the  Workflow MRG: 

Note: If you are using any Core-based interface, the Hyland Distribution Service is required for
sending notifications in Workflow. If you are using the Classic Client interface, the Hyland
Distribution Service is required to support any of the Sender Address options. If you are
sending attachments using the Classic Client interface, a Temporary File Cache is also
required.

Note: If you are using the Hyland Distribution Service with an email server that requires
authentication, specifying an address in the Sender Address option is not respected. The
authenticated default address in the Distribution Service settings is used instead.

Hi Larissa.

Thank you so much for your reply. I can't find the second note in the Workflow MRG (16 or 17).

My current email account (Office 365) requires authentication, so if the sender in the worflow action is not respected Is there a possible solution to send notifications with a different sender in the "From" field?

This is my scenario:  We need to send customized notifications through workflow, for example, using my address as the sender manuel@enterprise.com instead of workflow@enterprise.com

I really appreciate your kind help.

That may be a newer addition to the MRG, so if that's the case I'm not sure if it would be true for your version. Have you contacted your support? They may be the best ones to help and make a recommendation. 

Manuel,
Did you ever get this resolved? We just migrated off of IBM Notes to Office365/Outlook exchange and have run into this issue...This worked for us prior to migrating to Outlook as all emails from workflow came from the appropriate "sender email" when using "Use the following address ".
Thanks for your help in advance!