Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving a Composed Document

Nathan_Dillinge
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hello,

Is there a way to program Doc Comp to fill in a document name when saving the composed document in Word? Right now, when somebody goes to Save As it shows them the cached name of the document which is illegible. It would be nice to program Doc Comp to allow a formatted name - like an autoname - to be inserted there instead of seeing the cached name. Cached name looks like this 9c79a8f0-a856-4317-ac12-377335a912ca.

Thanks, 

6 REPLIES 6

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

A few questions.

1) Is this from the preview window or after it's been stored in OnBase?
2) What version of OnBase?
3) Which OnBase client are you using?

Nathan_Dillinge
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hello,

This is from the Preview Window

OnBase 10

OnBase Web Client through Workflow.

Thank you!

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

If it's from the preview window, I doubt there will be many options, since the document is not in OnBase yet, and thus doesn't have a "document name" yet. May I ask why you are doing a Save As from the Preview window? There might be another process that would work.

Nathan_Dillinge
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hello,

Yes, I thought it could be limited since the document is not in OnBase yet.

Currently, when a Doc Comp Composes, all of the information is not there so the user has to fill in data in addition to verifying the data is correct on the document. Also, some of our placeholders are Today's date.

With that, if there is a need to reprint the composed document on another day they have to re-compose the document, refill in the data and change the date since it is supposed to be in the past.

Unfortunatly, at this time, we do not store the Composed Doc Comps in OnBase to retreieve from again and again, nor do we store as TIFF the finished document.

So, was hoping there was a way to put a name on the document when saving it out.

Thanks,