cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placeholders for data matrix bar codes (document compositioin) V18

Julie_Tucker
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We are currently testing V18,  upgrade from V16.   In V16 Unity client document composition there is an error,  not spotted by Hyland (prior to go live),   whereby if a Matrix bar code was selected a PDF147 was supplied.    The work around we used was to insert two placeholders, one for the barcode & one for the barcode value.

In V18 Unity testing where we are attempting to resolve the issue by changing the placeholders so that they are correctly configured to include the bar code value, we are not offered the option of showing or hiding the value.

Does anyone know if this is again an error on the part of Hyland, or if Hyland do not give the option of printing the value, along with the barcode for a Data Matrix barcode.   The MRG seems to imply that the value should be shown as a default (I have looked at Wiki & that says it can be displayed as a number value)?

Thanks, any help would be hugely appreciated.

Kind Regards

Julie

(FYI I am a Gary Numan fan, I don't look like him,  :)).

1 REPLY 1

Derrick_Maldona
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Julie,

Thanks for reaching out on Community.  When we designed the Barcode functionality for QR Code and Data Matrix, we did not include text due to the potential amount of characters that may be inserted or limitations of the software that we are using to convert the information into a bar code.   Contacting your first line of support would be the most direct way for us to investigate.  A workaround could be to create two of the same placeholder then set one of them to display as a bar code. 

Looking at the MRG, we left out “Hide Barcode Text” out of the setup instructions because the checkbox is not accessible for QR code and Data Matrix.  I can see where the confusion would arise, in the note above the setup, we included PDF417 without either including or adding another note for QR code and Data Matrix bar codes.   We should be able to add those to the MRG to reduce the confusion. 

Thank you very much,

Derrick Maldonado

PS I grew up on the song Cars by Gary Numan