cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office 365 / Document Composition (Template Builder)

Christopher_Ram
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We are currently on OnBase 18 and use Microsoft Office 2010 install for Template Builder. We are planning to migrate to Office 365. Is there an specific local install for Template Builder which support  / uses  Office 365? Or what would be the Local install which we would use to support Office 365.

3 REPLIES 3

James_Perry
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Christopher, do you have specific developer machines that would use the Template Builder or do other users need this ability? We are also on Office 365 and have machine level Office 2019 licenses we are using along with the Office 2019 32-bit Template Builder to accomplish this. We attempted to use the 2019 option on an Office 365 system but could not get it to work. 

If others in the community have better instructions for using Office 365 and the Template Builder, I would also be interested in them.

No one person needs to know everything—they simply need to know who knows it.

Thanks Jim, this would be needed for specific developer / Administrator’s machines, about five users who updates and build the Templates.

Amber_Hudson1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I believe in version 18 template builder will only work on a 32 bit version of Office, Foundation releases are suppose to support other versions but I know for 18 I had to track down and install a 32 bit version of Office in order to utilize the actual template builder, my end users who have 365 don't seem to have a problem using the templates just can't build a template.