cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to insert a fragment but have it start on the next new page?

Kim_Griech
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I have a main document that can contain up to 5 different fragments. Each of these fragments can be multiple pages long. Each time a fragment is added to my main document I want it to start on a new page. I can accomplish this by adding lines at the end of the fragment pieces to make each fill the space with line breaks but as the text in these fragments change this is going to be hard to maintain. I have tried to place each fragment on a new page 

Is there an easier way to have these individual fragments start on a new page?

1 REPLY 1

Hi Kim,

One possible option is to set the "Page Break Before" setting on the first line of the fragment. This is a paragraph setting in Word.

To set this for a paragraph, click anywhere in the paragraph, such as the first line, and then open paragraph options (Home tab | Paragraph group | Paragraph Settings (the "more options" drop down arrow) | Line and Page Breaks tab | enable "Page break before".

This tells Word to create a page break before the current paragraph, and if you include this setting in your fragment, I expect that it will carry over to a composed document.

Thanks,