Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add MIKG into Doc Comp?

Kevin_Ngo
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello,

How do I add a MIKG into a Word document in Doc Comp?

Thanks!

Kevin Ngo

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Tony_Maimone
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Kevin,

I apologize for the delay in my response. Multi Instance Keyword Groups are supported in Document Composition when inheriting keywords from the source document to the destination document type. This is specified on the Document Composition Template under Template Options.

Users can access keyword data within the first instance of a Multi Instance Keyword Group when composing but they will not have access to other instances.  From within Document Composition Template Builder, create a Metadata keyword and access the Keyword normally. This will give you the first instance of the keyword in the MIKG.

SCR 236146 has been created to address accessing multiple sets of keyword values or Multi Instance Keyword Groups.

Thank you,

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Tony_Maimone
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Kevin,

I apologize for the delay in my response. Multi Instance Keyword Groups are supported in Document Composition when inheriting keywords from the source document to the destination document type. This is specified on the Document Composition Template under Template Options.

Users can access keyword data within the first instance of a Multi Instance Keyword Group when composing but they will not have access to other instances.  From within Document Composition Template Builder, create a Metadata keyword and access the Keyword normally. This will give you the first instance of the keyword in the MIKG.

SCR 236146 has been created to address accessing multiple sets of keyword values or Multi Instance Keyword Groups.

Thank you,