cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have WorkView Attributes that need Prefixs and combine, but when blank I don't want them to show.

David_Gardner
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I have about 6 WorkView attributes that need to have prefixes when inserted into a DocComp letter, but if they are blank I don't want them to show up period.  Here is and example

Attributes:

PA is blank                       PA has $31.00

Med has $45.00               Med is Blank

FS has $25.25                 FS has $89.00

The end results need to be:

1.) MA  $45.00; SNAP $25.25

2.) TA $31.00; SNAP $89.00

As you can see example 1 there is no PA(TA prefix) and example 2 no Med(MA prefix).

How would I do this?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Ann_Gross
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Sounds like you could probably use placeholders with conditions.  We do something similar when we want to check a box on a form, based on a boolean field.  So we do 2 conditions on the placeholder.  When the placeholder value = true, then insert the following text:  .  When the placeholder value is not equal to any other condition, then insert the following text [  ].  So you could do when the placeholder is Blank, Do not insert anything. 

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ann_Gross
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Sounds like you could probably use placeholders with conditions.  We do something similar when we want to check a box on a form, based on a boolean field.  So we do 2 conditions on the placeholder.  When the placeholder value = true, then insert the following text:  .  When the placeholder value is not equal to any other condition, then insert the following text [  ].  So you could do when the placeholder is Blank, Do not insert anything. 

Gregory_Roche2
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Ann I agree as we do the same as you...