cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception Error not showing up in diagnostics console

Garrett_Weber
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I am trying to compose a test document to see if my placeholder will display the fragment correctly but when I attempt to compose I am repeatedly getting an exception error. I turned on diagnostics console but its not showing anything when this error occurs. What is my best course of action to try to troubleshoot/diagnose the problem on my template? Note this template works fine without this placeholder it also works fine when the field I'm evaluation is set to Yes but when the Default condition is met it gives this error.

Here is the exception information:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Hyland.Office.DocumentComposition.Controls.SharedModule.OpenTempFileFromBytes(Byte[] docBytes, Boolean readOnly)
   at Hyland.Office.DocumentComposition.Controls.SharedModule.composePreview(Int64 templateID, Int64 documentID)
   at Hyland.Office.DocumentComposition.Controls.SharedModule.ComposePreview(Template template, TestingSourceType testingSourceType, Int64 documentID, Int64 xmlID, String xml, Boolean isXmlChanged)
   at Hyland.Office2010.DocumentComposition.Config.Ribbon.OnBtnTestTemplate(IRibbonControl control)

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Tony_Maimone
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

I recommend contacting your first line of support for more assistance.

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Tony_Maimone
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Garrett,

What is the default condition attempting to do and what type of placeholder are you working with? Is that placeholder being referenced somewhere else in your template? You can turn on tracing in the Application Server Web.config file and turn on the Tracing tab in Diagnostics Console. That will show you what fragment Ids are being evaluated which may point to the problem.

Thank you,

Tony

The default condition is evaluating a Boolean field on a unity form is not checked. Default value of the Boolean field is No and checked value is Yes. My first rule in the condition evaluates to see if the field is checked then returns a fragment, the default rule returns a different fragment both of which are check boxes on the word document one is checked one is unchecked. The rule evaluating for yes is returning the checked box correctly but the unchecked box is throwing this error. I will enable trace and see if gives more detail as to the exception.

After turning on trace viewer and retesting I had an entry in the diagnostics console but its not super informational:

Building Fragment: 126.111

is all the information I get from it.

Tony_Maimone
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Garrett,

That gives you the Template ID and Fragment ID. If you know the template off hand, turn on the Developer tab in Word to find which fragment is being used. This could be a fragment that no longer exists on that template due to it being deleted and recreated.

Tony