Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Packaging - XML and Rendition PCL

Johnson_Dean
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello,

Hyland is working on a "fix" for a scripting/API issue we have taking Refund documents and XML files, creating a PDF to send out for refunds.  The test solution is to use Document Packaging, I have used this many times before at my last employer.  I set up a test process and it wants to work but will not combine XML files.  XML is listed as a "Not Supported" file type.  All good so far.  Document Packaging does allow for PCL files.  We can create a PCL rendition of EDI XML files and I have that setup and the rendition does show and open in the client.

Is there a way to tell Document Packaging to use the PCL rendition and not the XML rendition of the EDI document in OnBase?

Thank You for any suggestions in advance.

Dean

2 REPLIES 2

Can_Ergin
SME
SME

Hi Dean, 

Specifying rendition information at the time of document package generation would be an enhancement that can be considered. In the meantime, you should be able to set the Default File Format to PCL in Document Type settings to allow Document Packaging to use that specific rendition at the time of packaging request rather than XML.

Thanks,

Can

@Can Ergin Thanks for the information.  If it was a couple of document types I might consider switching the default type but these are all of our 835's, 810's and 5010 xml files. Lots to research first but thanks for the suggestion.

Dean