cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Composition Preview

Yamil_Figueroa
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Currently using OnBase 16 Document Composition with the Microsoft Word Add-in Hyland.Office2016.DocumentComposition.Config.

1) The Document Compositions were created using Microsoft Word

2) An API was created to use with a web-application to connect to OnBase, send the data through XML, and create the document (all this works fine)

The problem i am having is that document composition auto-index's the document. I need to be able to preview the document and select whether or not to create it if accepted.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Jason_Katsaros
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Good afternoon from Westlake! Unfortunately, composition through the Unity API does not support previewing, as this is a non-interactive process. The Document Composition Template Builder has a composition preview, however, where you are able to test out your XML Placeholders. If I can be of any more assistance, please let me know! Thank you very much, and have a great day!

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jason_Katsaros
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Good afternoon from Westlake! Unfortunately, composition through the Unity API does not support previewing, as this is a non-interactive process. The Document Composition Template Builder has a composition preview, however, where you are able to test out your XML Placeholders. If I can be of any more assistance, please let me know! Thank you very much, and have a great day!

Yamil_Figueroa
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Jason Katsaros, thank you for your answer.

I did some thinking and found a work-around. This creates a simulated preview of a document through the Unity API. These are the steps

1) Call the Unity API and create the document with Document Composition. This automatically indexes the document. Make sure that this function returns the document ID.

2) Retrieve the document using that ID. It is best to return Binary Data.

3) Download the Binary as a file (I used a PDF format).

4) Delete the indexed file using the document ID.