cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Composition Not Letting Me Copy Templates

Nate_Ellenwood
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I'm trying to make copies of templates in the control panel so I don't have to keep recreating and configuring placeholders however random templates have the copy button greyed out. I can't seem to find any rhyme or reason to which ones are greyed out and which ones I can copy and I've double and triple checked privileges to ensure I can modify them. Are there any other settings or things I'm missing that would keep me from being able to copy?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Grant_Fitzgeral
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hey Nate,

You could've just shouted over the cube wall to get this answer, but I'll post the workaround so it's available for the community.

Create a new template group in the Doc Comp control panel, move the document you want to copy over to that group, and move the templates back over to the original template group when you're done.

Thanks,

Grant

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jason_Katsaros
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello Nate,

OnBase 18 includes a fix for SCR: #280928, which sounds similar to your situation. If this information does not resolve your issue, I recommend contacting your first line of support.

Thanks,

Jason Katsaros

Nate_Ellenwood
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Thank you, is there any known workaround for those not on 18 yet?

Grant_Fitzgeral
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hey Nate,

You could've just shouted over the cube wall to get this answer, but I'll post the workaround so it's available for the community.

Create a new template group in the Doc Comp control panel, move the document you want to copy over to that group, and move the templates back over to the original template group when you're done.

Thanks,

Grant

Lol thanks, I will remember that next time!