cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Composition - Creating letter painfully slow

Calecia_Johnson
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Since we upgraded to 9.0 a couple of years ago, creating form letters was slower than in version 6.4.  It was tolerable for the users.  Now it is taking almost a minute to create the letter.  The user creates the letter by selecting an adhoc task which checks for certain documents then uses the action type "SYS - Compose Document".  A e-form is displayed to select the appropriate clauses to add to the letter then submit brings up the Word template - this is where it takes almost 1 minute to display and sometimes times out for the user. I am new to troubleshooting document composition and need some troubleshooting assistance. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Dick_Smith
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

One suggestion I would check is do any of your keywords have drop down datasets?  In the past we did and our doc comp letters were taking for ever because the drop down keywords were populating values.  I would check this out and in a test environment remove the drop downs from the keywords to see if performance increases.

Thanks

Dick

Calecia_Johnson
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I had to escalate this issue to Hyland support because I found out this was effecting more than just a few users.  What I was told was the amount of templates we have is causing the slow response time in conjuction with the number of people utilizing the templates.  We have 200+ templates that are retrieved everytime a user needs to pull up one.  Until there is a design change, the solution is to delete unused templates.  I'll have to submit an update and let you know how that works.

George_Angelato
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Greetings C. Johnson:

My name is George Angelato and I am the VP of QA & Technical Support here at Hyland Software. Thank you for using the community forum.  You are using it exactly as we had hoped.  For this particular issue I don't know that anyone has experienced the issue you describe as there are many factors that contribute to the slowness.  Some of those include the version, the number of keywods and the number of templates.   I will give you a call to discuss options regarding this item.

Thank you,,

George Angelato