Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Composition 12 : composition of a document with a Table of sub-arrays

Mohamed_SAIDANI
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Everyone,

I  have a problem for composing a document that contains a table containing details of a Unity-form. it comes with Multi-Instance Keyword Type Group (MIKTG) with :  Number, Title and  Name.

Each row should contain a detail as a sub array recover from another Unity-form containing MIKTG.. The link between a second form and a row is a Number.

is it possible to achieve this  scenario with Document Composition?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Jordan_Polaniec
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Mohamed,

If I understand correctly, you would like to get this MIKG information from multiple Unity forms?  If this is the case, the best way to do this would be to use an External Data Source Placeholder and XPath or an ODBC Query.  Using either of these methods will allow you to:

A) Get the Keyword data from all relevant Unity forms via the Unity API and return it as XML.  Using XPath, you can then access this data and output it into a Table.  More information can be found on Page 51 of the Document Composition MRG.

B) Query the database to get all the Keyword data for the relevant Unity forms and bring it back as a Table.  Query creation can be done after selecting the External Data Source Placeholder Type and then the Database Query option.  Page 70 contains additional information on configuration these in Template Builder.

If I've misunderstood what you would like to do, feel free to post some additional detail on the information you would like to Compose onto a document.

Thank you,