cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a document from a template in Workflow

Andrew_Fink
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I am trying to create a new document from a template in workflow. 

What I want to do is after a Unity Form is submitted it enters workflow. I then want it to kick off the creation of a new document of a different doc type from a template (PDF) with no user interaction. This PDF will then be uploaded to Docusign and sent out for signature. I have created everything I needed to for process, but I am not able to find a way to create a new document automatically. I have come up with the two below ideas, but they don't seem to be working. Has anyone else done something like this?

1. Workflow action - Create Document From Document Template. This seems like the most logical one to use, but I can't seem to use this without some kind of user interaction. Is there a way to automate this in workflow?

2. Workflow action - Compose Document. This would use Document Composition Templates and also seems like it could work, but appears to only work with Word Docs, could this work with PDFs too?

Thanks,

Andy

2 REPLIES 2

Amy_Graham
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello! I was wondering if you ever resolved this? I am interested in doing the same thing. Thanks!

Allan_Schon
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Document Composition has the option of converting the documents it creates to PDF prior to archiving in OnBase, and is often configured to run without user interaction.  It can also run behind the scenes in Unity Scheduler if you have a large batch of documents to create.