cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you lock down doc comp queries like doc comp templates?

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

I want to be able to give my clients admin capability in doc comp to create their own templates.  I tested with a client account and this seems to work quite well.  In that, the client account can't see anyone else's templates nor can they change the security access within their template group. (Go to Template Builder|Control Panel to see this)

Unfortunately, I also noticed that the queries tab is still available.  So, I clicked on it and it opened.  Worse, I can see and open everyone's queries and change them and break them.  Is there a way to lock down queries like templates?  If not, then I can't allow clients to manage their own templates.

Note: I'm on v17 sp2

Regards,

Tom 

2 ACCEPTED ANSWERS

Eric_Beavers
Employee
Employee

Are you talking about Database Queries? At this time this I believe is not possible.

There was an SCR written in 2014 about this topic:

#195424 - Provide the ability to restrict specific database queries to specific user groups within the template configuration. 

Contacting your first line of support about this would be your next best step.

View answer in original post

Derrick_Maldona
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello Tom,
Thanks for reaching out on the Community. Unfortunately, there is not a way to lock queries. Queries are not linked to User Groups like Document Composition Templates. This sounds like an interesting enhancement. If you would like us to research what it would take to enable this functionality, I recommend contacting your first line of support. Thanks again for contacting us.

Thank you,
Derrick Maldonado
Hyland Software QA Analyst

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Eric_Beavers
Employee
Employee

Are you talking about Database Queries? At this time this I believe is not possible.

There was an SCR written in 2014 about this topic:

#195424 - Provide the ability to restrict specific database queries to specific user groups within the template configuration. 

Contacting your first line of support about this would be your next best step.

Thanks Eric - wow 5 years.

Derrick_Maldona
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello Tom,
Thanks for reaching out on the Community. Unfortunately, there is not a way to lock queries. Queries are not linked to User Groups like Document Composition Templates. This sounds like an interesting enhancement. If you would like us to research what it would take to enable this functionality, I recommend contacting your first line of support. Thanks again for contacting us.

Thank you,
Derrick Maldonado
Hyland Software QA Analyst

Thanks Derrick.  Not sure why it would be so hard to add a privilege for this, but maybe I just need to change my paradigm.  I only have 4-5 doc comp queries.  If I removed these from doc comp and didn't use that part of doc comp, then I could be ok.  I might be able migrate these queries to use sql server report services or even crystal reports.

Thanks a bunch.

Regards,

Tom