Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a Constant Value to a placeholder/keyword mapping

Carlene_Subrame
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi All,

I am working on a document composition template, and I want to add a constant value to the template (Say, "Blue") that I want to be mapped to a keyword on the document (Say, keyword Type "Color"). I don't have any metadata for this from the source though; I just want it to automatically be populated from this particular template. Is there any way to do this? I'm currently using OB 16 SP 2.

Thanks for any assistance!

Carlene

4 REPLIES 4

Carlene_Subrame
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi,

Just following up to see if this was possible without some sort of SQL Query.

Thanks,

Carlene

Jason_Katsaros
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Good morning from Westlake! Most Placeholders rely on some sort of metadata from a source for their composed values, and thus they do not output constant values. You can pull User or Document information without a source by using a Properties Placeholder, which you can then map to a Keyword. The last wizard panel in the majority Placeholder configuration wizards is where you would select Keyword Mapping options. If I can be of any more assistance, please let me know! Thank you very much, and have a great day!

Hi Jason! That helps a little bit, but would I be able to use Workflow properties? Otherwise, I think I'll have to add the attribute to the source (a WorkView object).

Hello, Carlene! Unfortunately, Document Composition does not have a Workflow properties Placeholder and does not support a way to retrieve metadata provided by Workflow properties. WorkView Attribute Placeholders can be mapped to Keywords, however! If I can be of any more assistance, please let me know! Thank you very much, and have a great day!