cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Document Button Not Working

Alex_Delgado1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Has anyone ever seen this happen before? When I click the button to try and view a document result, the map and layer open in the pop-up and not the doc viewer. We have been troubleshooting this internally for weeks and cannot figure out what could be causing this. We have tried both the built in viewer as well as an alternate, doc pop viewer, and that does not make any difference. Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated! 

fc86a9aad3d4428c90b548894212143f

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Alex_Delgado1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Just as an update to this, we found that the widget installed on the map had a DLL with a mismatched version. After updating that DLL, the view document button worked correctly. 

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Danielle_Rosema
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Alex,

Thanks for using Hyland Community.

This issue most likely stems from an issue with what value is coming back from GetClientConfiguration. If the value isn't correct with what is expected or is blank it will open to the defaultTargetPage, which is the map.

There are a couple different troubleshooting options to attempt with this issue.

Please collect the following when troubleshooting to help with additional troubleshooting if needed:

• The version of the software you are using
  • When retesting be sure to have the Browser Dev Tools open (usually F12) to check the output logs and to see the value that is being returned from GetClientConfiguation.
  • Diagnostic Console Logs, be sure to have all logging enabled and your verbose level set to “4”

For the first set of troubleshooting, please verify the casing matches in the following locations:

• The dmsVirtualRoot in your GIS Application's web.config file and your ObService URL for the widget match exactly.
  • The casing of your GIS Application in IIS and the dmsVirtualRoot in your GIS Application's web.config
  • Verify casing for your Application Server in IIS and the Application Server's URL in the GIS Application's web.config
  • Verify the URL you are navigating to access the application matches the casing for the dmsVirtualRoot in your GIS Application's web.config

Casing mismatch can cause issues in certain scenarios.

For the second set of troubleshooting, please check your Alternate Viewer values.

• Verify "useAlternateViewerUrl" is set to true in the GIS Application's web.config file
  • Verify the "viewerURL" is set correctly in the GIS Application's web.config file

You did try different scenarios, including the built-in viewer, but just wanted to verify for the alternate viewer scenario that the configuration wasn't affecting your results.

If you are unable to resolve your issue with these suggestions, please reach out to your first line of support with the Browser and Diagnostic Console Logs you collected to continue troubleshooting your issue.

Thank you,

Danielle Roseman

Integration for ESRI

Hey Danielle,

Thanks for all the suggestions! A few questions for you.

-What exactly should I be seeing in the GetClientConfiguration call? Also, I did get an error which seems fairly important (however I truly don't know if it is) that says: "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'WidgetConfig' of undefined." I get this error only when clicking to view a document. 

-When you are mentioning the GIS application, I am assuming you are referring to the GISWebAPI? Please correct me if I am wrong. 

-Lastly, and assuming question 2 above, the dmsVirtualRoot in our GISWebAPI config file is literally, https://servername/GISWebAPI, but we navigate to https://servername/map/al to access the map and layers. I guess I am just not totally clear on the fourth bullet point in your first set of troubleshooting suggestions. 

Also I wanted to point out this customer is on OnBase 18.0.1.40

Thanks again! 

Alex_Delgado1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Just as an update to this, we found that the widget installed on the map had a DLL with a mismatched version. After updating that DLL, the view document button worked correctly.