Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when checking in a DWG through the AutoCAD 2014 integration

Matt_Fry
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello,

I am testing the AutoCAD integration functionality before rolling this out within my company and am running into a error when checking in a drawing as a new revision. I am able to initially save this drawing successfully and am able to check it out all from within AutoCAD. However, when I go to save the changes and check-in the document I get an error that says "The document and accompanying references are all read-only and can not be imported."

Have you seen this before? 

Thanks for the help,

Matt

4 REPLIES 4

Not applicable

Hi Matt,

I sounds like the document type is not set to "Allow Persistent Checkout" and Revisions may not be set up. See the attached photo.

Matt_Fry
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply Al.

Attached are my current Rendition/Revision Control Settings:

Here are the general 'Settings' for this document type as well:

Matt_Fry
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

To further explain the issue, it doesn't occur with every DWG file. 

I created a new DWG by drawing a couple of arbitrary lines. I saved it and uploaded it successfully. I then checked out that same file, added a few more lines, and checked it in as a revision. Everything worked perfectly.

The second attempt was using a more complex internal drawing which has about 10 tabbed layouts. I saved this file and uploaded it successfully as well. I then checked it out, added a few lines, and tried to resave it as a revision. That is when the error occured.

Matt_Fry
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Below are a few more screenshots showing the same error as well as showing the checkout manager where you can see that the document is in fact checked out.