cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can 2 different systems be pointed at the same archive link connector?

Susan_Meyer
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Can i point an s/4 and crm system to the same archive link connector?

2 REPLIES 2

Jose_Contreras1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello Susan,

I believe you can have 2 different systems connected.  The way to do it is to have the 2 destination connections and simply create the repositories with the destination you want associated with the document type.  I do know you can only have 1 destination per repository.  If you needed the same repository to connect to different destinations the repository has to be deleted and re-added to the required destination.   

For example,  AP invoices can connect to SAP DEV but if you want it to connect to SAP Quality server you have to delete the repository connecting AP invoices Dev and recreate it for Quality.  You cannot have the same document type connected to different locations at the same time.  You can have different document types accepting documents from different locations.

Thanks,

Jose

Gary_Noe
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Susan -

It is possible to have multiple connections from SAP systems (S/4, ECC, CRM, SRM, etc)  to a single instance of OnBase and the ArchiveLink Content Server.  The key is that each system must send and activate certificates. In order to accomplish this each system must define a unique (to OnBase) content repository ID.  For example S/4 and SRM are going to store Purchase Order Attachments.  Each system would have to define a unique two character code for the content repository.  This will enable the source SAP system to send a certificate for that system without interfering with the other.