cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded 17 to 17SP1, now I'm getting an error about Hyland.Core.Collaboration.KnowledgeTransfer.AdminListener

Jacob_Ewald1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We've upgraded two test servers from 17 to 17SP1. One server works just fine, however the other throws an exception while trying to connect from our application. I've tried comparing the two servers to figure out what's different between them, but I'm not finding anything that seems to be the culprit. I was hoping to get some insight into what that error means to hopefully track down what's wrong with the one server.

The full exception details are logged to the Event Viewer as:

Exception Information
Exception Type: System.ApplicationException
Error Id: 5fe4d6c8-7448-4ae6-9113-a93ee7f74886
Message: Hyland.Core.Collaboration.KnowledgeTransfer.AdminListener, Hyland.Core (or one of its dependencies) failed to load. Please check your configuration and restart the application.
Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite: Void Register(System.String)
HelpLink: NULL
Source: Hyland.Core
HResult: -2146232832

StackTrace Information
at Hyland.Core.Registration.EventListenerRegistrar`1.Register(String dataSourceName)
at Hyland.Core.Registration.RegistrationManager.checkAndRunDatasource(String dataSourceName)
at Hyland.Core.Registration.RegistrationManager.Register(String dataSourceName)
at Hyland.Core.Session.Connect(AuthenticationProperties authProps)
at Hyland.Services.AppServices.Connect(AuthenticationProperties properties)
at Hyland.Core.Unity.Services.SessionManagement.setupLicenseConnectAndSetupResponse(AuthenticationProperties props, Nullable`1 customProductCode)
at Hyland.Core.Unity.Services.SessionManagement.connect()

The API call that we're making in our application is Hyland.Unity.Application.Connect(), and we're passing in the AuthenticationProperties object that was created from a call to Application.CreateOnBaseAuthenticationProperties(). Beyond that, let me know if there is any additional information needed. Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13

Jacob, I wanted to check in and see if you were able to find this DLL registration and unregister it.

I don't see any Hyland/OnBase DLL references in the GAC on that server. Is there a specific DLL that I should be seeing that would cause this?

Hi Jacob,

In some of the past issue tickets that I was able to find with this exact error message, the solution was to remove all Hyland.Authentication.* folders (folders that start with Hyland.Authentication) from C:\Windows\Microsoft.net\Assembly\GAC_MSIL\

It's a good idea to make sure AppServer is not actively running, so I recommend restarting the App Pool, and also to backup these folders to another location, just in case.

Using one of the test snapshots of that server, I was able to get some initial tests working by deleting the Hyland.Authentication folders out of the GAC as described above by Aki. I believe we are going to attempt the same thing using the real server and I'll update this post if we run into any issues, but it seems like it should work just fine. The trick was that the folders needed to be deleted *before* running the upgrade (since they didn't exist after the upgrade). Thank you Aki and Daniel!
Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.