cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded 17 to 17SP1, now I'm getting an error about Hyland.Core.Collaboration.KnowledgeTransfer.AdminListener

Jacob_Ewald1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We've upgraded two test servers from 17 to 17SP1. One server works just fine, however the other throws an exception while trying to connect from our application. I've tried comparing the two servers to figure out what's different between them, but I'm not finding anything that seems to be the culprit. I was hoping to get some insight into what that error means to hopefully track down what's wrong with the one server.

The full exception details are logged to the Event Viewer as:

Exception Information
Exception Type: System.ApplicationException
Error Id: 5fe4d6c8-7448-4ae6-9113-a93ee7f74886
Message: Hyland.Core.Collaboration.KnowledgeTransfer.AdminListener, Hyland.Core (or one of its dependencies) failed to load. Please check your configuration and restart the application.
Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite: Void Register(System.String)
HelpLink: NULL
Source: Hyland.Core
HResult: -2146232832

StackTrace Information
at Hyland.Core.Registration.EventListenerRegistrar`1.Register(String dataSourceName)
at Hyland.Core.Registration.RegistrationManager.checkAndRunDatasource(String dataSourceName)
at Hyland.Core.Registration.RegistrationManager.Register(String dataSourceName)
at Hyland.Core.Session.Connect(AuthenticationProperties authProps)
at Hyland.Services.AppServices.Connect(AuthenticationProperties properties)
at Hyland.Core.Unity.Services.SessionManagement.setupLicenseConnectAndSetupResponse(AuthenticationProperties props, Nullable`1 customProductCode)
at Hyland.Core.Unity.Services.SessionManagement.connect()

The API call that we're making in our application is Hyland.Unity.Application.Connect(), and we're passing in the AuthenticationProperties object that was created from a call to Application.CreateOnBaseAuthenticationProperties(). Beyond that, let me know if there is any additional information needed. Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13

Any other thoughts or ideas on this?

Any updates on this? We found this very beneficial as we had similar errors. Clearing the folders from the GAC resolved most of it. Very oddly, we have two application services on the same machine, same version (17.0.2.99), using the same application pool. One works just fine and the other throws this error. We also see this error in V18 when attempting to view Verification Reports in a core-based thick client. We are offered the option to ignore the error, and then the documents are viewable. That doesn't help the COLD and DIP processes, though, so no documents are added to their Workflow queues. (We have a ticket opened with Hyland on this, but wanted to add this note here as well.)

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Jacob,

I apologize for the late response.  However, I wanted to follow-up and see if you were able to get this working.

I got pulled onto other issues, but this one is still outstanding. Is there some direction you can give me for troubleshooting this? I have no clue what would cause this exception.

It has been found that the DLL may have been registered in the GAC (Global Assembly Cache). Removing this registration should correct the issue.
Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.