cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find document type via API

John_Kirsopp
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I have a customer running OnBase 17. They have a number of different document types in a Document Type Group, named "TEST". Whenever I try to find any of these document types via the API, I ALWAYS get "null". The objective is to query the document type and return all documents within a date range.

What makes this interesting is that the process works successfully for many other document types, NOT in the Document Type Group "TEST"

Any thoughts?

It runs as a Service on a Windows Server 2012 machine. It accepts request files that specify document types (by ID Number) and dates, then I export the documents to a network location for a 3rd party reporting application to use.

I have attempted "hard-coding" the Document Type Name, and verified that my "app" is connected.

The call is:

DocumentType docType = app.Core.DocumentTypes.Find(long.Parse(docTypeNum));

I go on to build a query utilizing the DocumentType.

This call always returns null when run against any number that is an ID for a Document Type in the DTG "TEST"

3 REPLIES 3

Sean_Killian
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi, John, is the OnBase user that you're connecting through the API a member of any group that has access to that document type and/or document type group in OnBase Configuration?

Thanks for replying to my question, Sean.

Yes. The user I am connecting with is a member of the "MANAGER" user group and I verified that the user group has access to both the Document Type and Document Type Group. I also verified that there were no overrides, too. I used the same user to log in to the client and retrieve documents of the Document Type I am trying to access via the API.

Daniel_Richard
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Try recycling the app pool for the service your are connecting to through the API. That will refresh the list of doc types if it has been added since the last reset.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.