Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnBase Performance measures for Oracle and Sql Server

Rishi_Khandewal
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi,

Am trying to research and find some metrics that showcase the performance of OnBase on different versions of SQL Server and Oracle databases. Does anyone has any measures or metrics which could help in evaluating which database software performs better with OnBase?

1 REPLY 1

Eric_Beavers
Employee
Employee

I think you are not going to get a good measure just depending upon a software version and brand. What really matters, I believe, are 3 primary factors:

First, are you running on a supported build?

https://community.hyland.com/technical/third-party-compatibility/third-party-compatibility-list?filt...

Next, are you following the best practices for Hardware, Software, and Network requirements?

https://community.hyland.com/gallery/items/53203-database-reference-guide

I've studied Hyland Tech Support calls and some of the worst offenders for "OnBase is Slow!" come back to a really bad install of the Database. For example, placing the database, logs, and backups all on the same slow storage location.

Finally, is the database being supported by a qualified/certified/experienced DBA?

"Hyland Software, Inc. recommends having a certified DBA on staff for any OnBase installation. It has been Hyland Software, Inc.’s experience that system performance and stability are most successful with those solutions administered by a certified DBA. "

As an installer, I've had my fair share of working with both experienced DBAs and accidental DBAs. The Certified ones are the individuals I feel much safer handing off the solution to because I know they are going to have the correct settings, maintenance plans, and troubleshooting know-how to keep OnBase running for many years.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.