cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default KW File Type

Not applicable

The KW "File Type" appears to only be available when setting up an import configuration (DIP).  Our users would like to see the file type in the autonamestring.  I would like to use KW update to search by File Type "13" for example, and add the Keyword File Format "XLS".

Is there a way to access the Default Keyword "File Type" in the Keyword Update Configuration Fields?  Has anyone developed a way for users to see the "file extension" in the autonamestring?  Icons won't work because they are attached to the document type, and in our environment a document type may include excel, word, and pdf files.

Thx!

2 REPLIES 2

Marcus_Christi6
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Someone else may chime in but I think you're going to need to script that rather than Keyword Update.  Run script to get the extension of the file, then store it as a keyword.

The other option is to add the Processing File Name keyword (but this only works on direct imports and not automated, it appears) and then use a script to parse off the extension.  Though I've never done that.

Elisabeth_Mason
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Does anyone have a script they're using to run this process? We are trying to pull the file extension for docs so we can sort them by file type and are running into problems.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.