cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade to SQL 2008 R2

Kirk_Landwehrm2
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We are planning a SQL server upgrade from SQL 2005 to SQL 2008 R2.  As far as OnBase is concerned is it as simple as 'copying' the database from the SQL 2005 server to the SQL 2008 R2 server and then updating the ODBC DSN to point to the 2008 R2 database?  I'm not a DBA so any input is appreciated.  Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Kirk,

First off, I would contact a database administrator if you have one as they will be familiar with the steps provided.  You can find more information about the steps that you need to perform in order to upgrade the SQL Server platform in the Upgrading OnBase documentation.  Reference Appendix A which has all of the necessary instructions.

Take care.

Kirk_Landwehrm2
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Thank you for the reply.  I looked at the document that you referred me to.  We are NOT upgrading OnBase (current version 9.2).  We want to move our existing (SQL 2005) OnBase database to a new SQL Server instance (SQL 2008 R2).  I vaguely remember having to run some kind of a 'database user' user utility in the past when doing this.  I'm just looking for what we need to do to move our OnBase 9.2 database from a SQL 2005 instance to a SQL 2008 R2 instance.  Thanks!

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Krik,

My apologies, I meant Appendix B.  If you reference Appendix B of the documentation, you will find instruction on moving an OnBase database from on version of SQL Server to another.  While the overall documentation discusses an OnBase upgrade, Appendix B is specific to SQL Server.

Keep in mind, the instructions listed in Appendix B are not specific to the OnBase database other than the necessity to run RecreateDBUsers.  OnBase is a database which run on the Microsoft SQL Server platform.  There have been many published books and articles from Microsoft with recommendation on how to best handle upgrading a SQL Server database from one version of the software to another and also migrating databases between servers. 

Again, the information in the Appendix B of the referenced documentation is a guideline of the steps which you should take to upgrade.  I would recommend that you work with a SQL Server DBA or contact your first line of support with any further questions.

Take care.

Thanks!!  That's exactly what I was looking for.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.