cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate listings in Document Retrieval results for same document

Donna_Worley
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

What causes a document to list twice in Document Retrieval search results?  We have had a couple cases where we thought we'd discovered duplicates, so deleted one, but it deleted both listings. Undeleted the document from the Trash Can, and it showed two listings again. This twin listing appears in the thick client and the Outlook Integration view.   

Investigated further, saw the listings were identical, same document handle.  When you search by the handle, only one listing results. 

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Douglas_West
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Donna, if you are searching for a document based on 2 keyword values and are using an 'OR' statement and the document has both values it will show twice.  For example:  Search for an HR-Insurance Police by first name = Doug or first name = Anita then an insurance account that has both those names will show twice.

Donna_Worley
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Thanks, Douglas West!  This happens when I searched by a single document type, and a single keyword.  Also when I search for all document types, and a single keyword.  We're on version 12 now, but I know we've seen in earlier versions.

Kevin_Gassert
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

This will also happen when a KW has two or more values and is searched with a wildcard. For instance the KW first name has the value Doug and Douglas and the kW is searched with Doug* you will get two on the hit list and they will be the same document. I do believe this is poor behavior on the client because users do tend to want to delete one and end up deleting all.

Kevin

Donna_Worley
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Thanks, Kevin!   I see also in History that the keyword I was searching by was changed recently; maybe that's contributing, too. 

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.