Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Functionality Test Scripts

Mark_Grimes
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi,

Do any 'standard' test scripts exist for testing core functionality of OnBase? For example Office Integration in OnBase 18?

Thanks,

Mark.

3 REPLIES 3

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Mark.

What do you mean by "scripts"?  When I think of scripts I think of VBScripts, JavaScripts or Unity Scripts.  If by scripts you mean, are there any automated testing tools to test the functionality of the Office Integration then the answer is no.  We do not create automated testing scripts for public consumption.  There are automated testing scripts built into the build process of the software which are used every time that we create a new build of the software.  

While not exactly what you are looking for, we do have a document called "Testing an OnBase Solution" (link) which might be helpful.

Best wishes.

Mark_Grimes
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your response and appreciate your follow-up. What the customer is looking for is Test Cases for Office integration i.e. how a user can test that the core functionality works.

Mark.

Hi Mark,

We do not have test cases for individual modules.  The best we have is the document I referenced above which talks about testing in general.  This is because every customer uses the system different and different users within an organization are going to use the same module differently.  For that reason it is very difficult to build general test cases as they are likely not going to apply enough to your organization to adequately test your solution.

Within the document is an appendix section called Example Test Case Template which might provide insight into what test cases would look like.  However to build your own test cases, I would engage the business process owners as well the business users to best understand how they are working.  Without understanding what and how the users are performing their daily tasks it is hard to build the test cases which can be used to test your solution.  

Best wishes.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.