cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Error Datetime field overflow

Dawn_Fischer
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I am new to these boards and am hoping someone can help me. When batches are running through auto-indexing the client will create the following error:

Database Error encountered: Native Error: 0(0x00000000) SQL State: [22008] SQL Error: [[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Datetime field overflow]

SQL: [Update hsi.itemdata set itemname = ?, itemtypenum = ?, itemdate = ? where item num = ?]

Source File: []  Line Number: 9465  Function Call: [::SQLExecute(m_hStatement)]  Softeware Build: [9.2.1.618 SP1]

If we delete the batch and re-scan it we do not get the error.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Scott_McLean
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

The error you're receiving most often occurs when you're using SQL2008 ODBC drivers with a SQL2005 database. The new date time data type has too many digits of precision and overflows the data field in the database. Verify that you have the driver on your auto-indexing workstation matched to your database version.

Dawn_Fischer
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We are running SQL Server Driver (version 6.01.7601.17514) on the auto-indexing Server which is a Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 Server.  The Database server is a Microsoft Windows 2008 x64 (Not R2) server running Microsoft SQL 2008 x64 (Not R2).  The SQL Server Driver on the Database Server is 6.00.6002.18005.

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

The "SQL Server" driver is for SQL 2000. If your database is SQL 2008, I believe you should be using the "SQL Server Native Client 10.0" driver.

William_Howell
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

That is correct. For SQL 2008 you need SQL Server Native Client 10.0. The version we run is listed on the ODBC Drivers tab as 2007.100.4000.00 dated 9/17/2010. Any server or workstation connecting to a sql 2008 Db via ODBC should be updated to this driver. There is a version for x64 machines as well so make sure you get the correct version. Finally, if you are on a x64 machine, be sure to use the correct ODBCAD32.exe to set up your ODBC connection.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.