Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orphaned Documents

Chris_Grugel
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Everybody,

I have been running a platter analysis before backing up the documents and in one report I get that 4 images are orphaned from document # 65129, which no longer exists.  In this particular instance, it looks like 2 of the 4 images still reside on copy 1 for whatever reason. 

When I try to make a backup of the platter, it gets to those orphaned images and says " An error has encountered while copying \\xxx.tif, No such file or directory ".  I can ignore the error, but then the platter does not move to the delete queue. 

I have tried deleting the orphaned images but I still get the same error message.

Is there a way to delete this document # so that it does not run in the report and prevent me from doing the backup? Or should I be doing something else....  any help is appreciated, I didn't see anything in the Platter MRG regarding orphans,

Cheers,
Chris

1 REPLY 1

Thomas_Nowakows
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Chris,

When platter management makes a backup it queries the database for all the pages associated with that platter.  From your description of your issue, OnBase knows about some pages on the volume.  If I understand you correctly those pages are associated with document 65129.  What I am not quite grasping is how you know that document 65129 no longer exists.  Do you get any results when you query select from hsi.itemdata where itemnum = 65129?  What happens when you query hsi.itemdatapage where itemnum = 65129?

If you get a result from the itemdata query, then the document still resides in OnBase.  You can purge it from document maintenance.  This will also purge the entries in itemdatapage along with the pages in the Disk Group.

If the itemdata query does not return a result, but the itemdatapage query does, you will want to follow this up with your first line of support so they can assist you further.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.